Bricknowlogy’s COVID-19 Safety Measures and Operational Excellence
Bricknowlogy takes COVID-19 Seriously
As many of you may know, Bricknowlogy is a locally owned and operated family business here in Eagle, Idaho. We truly consider all of our customers as part of the extended Bricknowlogy family, and we have grown our business on that premise for the past six years. We will always put the safety and security of our customers first, and as such, we continue to take the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. As we reopen Bricknowlogy to the public in accordance with the state and federal guidelines, we ask that all our visitors follow these best practices:
- Continue social distancing at all times, remaining 6 feet apart from other guests / families
- Use of face protection or masks is recommended, but not required
- Respect Bricknowlogy’s maximum occupancy of 20 guests in the main sales floor
- Wash your hands in our bathroom and use your hand sanitizer as appropriate
- If you are sick, stay at home and visit us at https://bricknowlogy.com/shop
At Bricknowlogy, we take every precaution to ensure the cleanliness of our store, the careful sourcing of our products, and the social responsibilities of our staff. We are fanatical about our products’ safety and provenance. ALL of our LEGO product is guaranteed 100% LEGO-direct, unopened, and factory new. ALWAYS. That product is NEVER co-mingled, stored, packed, shipped, or handled with any other product. And since we are quite literally a “small” business, we have direct control over our confined space, how it is managed and cared for, and how we conduct our daily operations with our close-knit team. In short, we have tight controls over our products, our store, and our behaviors. I’d like to highlight a few of the exceptional processes we follow, to ensure we continue to maintain the operational excellence you’ve grown accustomed to over the years:
- All of our LEGO products come directly from the US LEGO Distribution Center in Dallas, Texas. That product is never co-mingled, stored, packed, shipped, or handled with any other product from China or other high risk regions.
- Our LEGO products are delivered in factory-sealed case packs on plastic shrink-wrapped pallets and unpacked directly by our local staff.
- All of our LEGO product is guaranteed 100% LEGO-direct, unopened, and factory new. ALWAYS.
- We will NEVER have counterfeit, tampered, damaged, resealed, opened, unauthorized, or repackaged product on our shelves. See our notes on LEGO Fraud.
- ALL our products are backed by the Bricknowlogy Missing Part Guarantee.
- All “heavy touch” areas such as light switches, counters, sinks and door handles – including exteriors – are disinfected nightly.
- Our bathroom is cleaned and disinfected nightly, and throughout the day as needed – and is always stocked with hand soap and paper towels.
- Our floors are vacuumed throughout the day and frequently steam-cleaned.
- Our party room contains build tables with removable plates that are washed in antibacterial soap and hot water after each party. Our tables and chairs are disinfected after each party.
- At the start of each party, during the rules announcements, children are instructed to wash their hands when they use the restroom and before eating.
- We have disabled the requirement for credit card signatures, so no need to touch the screen or use a signature pen during checkout.
- We now accept Apple Pay and G Pay (Google Pay) with electronic receipts for even easier checkout.
- All Bricknowlogy staff will continue to heed the proper social distancing guidelines.
- All Bricknowlogy staff have access to personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks and will use these materials as deemed appropriate.
- All Bricknowlogy staff wash their hands regularly, in addition to using hand sanitizer.
- All Bricknowlogy staff have been instructed and are acutely aware of the symptoms and early signs of COVID-19. As such, staff members are taking extreme precautions in their personal lives – in and out of the store – to reduce the risk of exposure of any kind.
- Since we do have a small team, we can ensure tight controls are adhered to, and we pass that comfort and security on to our customers.
- Of course, no Bricknowlogy staff member will work if they have any symptoms or have come into contact with anyone else with symptoms.
We appreciate that all of our customers and visitors be mindful as well. In most cases, virus transmission can be greatly curtailed by following the basic recommendations of the CDC: social distance to a six-foot minimum, regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds, and stay home if you’re sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
As always, we greatly appreciate all the support from our community and we will continue to work hard to bring everyone a happy, safe, and exceptional experience in every way imaginable.
Dean G Barry, Founder, and the entire Bricknowlogy Team.