Five options to Register:
1. Select from the Full Class List page to view class details and click on the Register Now link
2. Search the Calendar for specific dates and click on the Class to Register
3. Go to the Quick Book Page
4. Call the store with any additional questions or to Register via phone: 208.939.5346 (LEGO)
5. Go directly to our Web Shop
Please note: In order to offer the best availability to our all customers and ensure proper attendance and planning, class registrations are not refundable once they are paid for – nor can they can changed or moved. We will not be able to effectively plan and provide proper availability without having set schedules and attendance commitments. In addition, some classes require a minimum attendance threshold to make it most effective. In the unusual event a class does not meet that requirement, Bricknowlogy will offer a full refund and notice at least 48 hours before the class start date. Thank you for your understanding and for supporting Bricknowlogy!
219105 Technical Engineering (7.18.2019 12:30PM)
July 18 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm$39
RECOMMENDED AGES: 7 – 12
EXPERIENCE: [X] Able to build LEGO® kits without assistance [X] Able to work with small parts and detailed instructions
PRE-REQUISITE: Interest in Machines, Robotics, Advanced LEGO
DURATION: 90 minutes
CLASS MAX: 12
INCLUDES: LEGO Technic set, $20 value
SYNOPSIS: Students build and take home a LEGO Technic set, while being introduced to the parts, nomenclature, taxonomy, techniques, and unique building skills required for LEGO® Technic models and basic machines– a prerequisite for LEGO® Mindstorms®.
OBJECTIVE: Build an awareness of the unique and varied parts of the LEGO® Technic environment including gears, axles, beams, liftarms, bushings, friction pins, connectors, and more. Develop an appreciation of basic mechanics such as gearing ratios, worm drives, and levers. Prepare students for LEGO Mindstorms through a solid understanding of the Technic environment in complex machines.
APPROACH: Through the construction of various machines, visually and physically explore the mechanics of advanced Technic components and motorized functions while mastering the skills required for robotics. Students will learn how to quickly identify highly specific elements, nuanced differences between similar parts and their unique functionality, and how to combine multiple smaller elements to create a larger part with different properties.
STEAM SKILLS ACQUIRED / EDUCATIONAL BENEFIT:
1. Science: 3D visualization and special relations
2. Technology: advanced principles and properties of specialized elements
3. Engineering: Advanced Mechanics: construct complex machines and fully comprehend the working components, individually and collectively
4. Art: creative design, visual interpretation
5. Math: logic, sequencing, gearing ratios, axle lengths, liftarm angles
LEGO® TECHNIQUE: Fine Motor Skills: ability to grasp and assemble small parts in a precise manner to allow for smooth and steady motion; Working knowledge of gears, axles, beams, liftarms, bushings, friction pins, and connectors
Please note: In order to offer the best availability to our all customers and ensure proper attendance and planning, class registrations are not refundable once they are paid for – nor can they can changed or moved. We will not be able to effectively plan and provide proper availability without having set schedules and attendance commitments. Thank you for your understanding.